Friday, December 16, 2016

Saturday Evening

My current organize-and-finish spree to end 2016 has brought me some clarity of thought and forced me to focus. I joined SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Associates) finally (should have done that years ago) and I'm now prospecting for art galleries for a solo show. 
So last Saturday evening found Mr. M. and me at the lovely Galérie Saladin in Sidi-Bou-Saïd, run by Ridha Souabni. We attended the vernissage of a Tunisian painter, Ahmed Souabni.

Sketching in a museum or at an exhibition helps me remember the event and I always learn something about line, color, and subject matter. 
So I whipped out my small sketchbook and ball point pen and sat in front of "Quo Vadis" (shown above),  which has spectacular movement and a beautiful use of color laid down in wide swaths. At home, I did a color study with colored pencils to appreciate the work.







Mr. M. posed with "Le départ des pêcheurs" ("The 
Departure of the Fishermen").





All in all, a pleasant evening.

6 comments:

Cate Rose said...

That's great news, Nadia! And you and Mr. M are both looking well and happy. Have a lovely holiday, and peace and blessings for the new year. Hugs.

The Idaho Beauty said...

My, Mr. M is looking happy & healthy! What a good idea to sketch & do that color study in part to jog your memory in the future. I often take photos but as anyone who has sketched knows, you learn and remember more in the process of drawing.

LA Paylor said...

I get your posts by email and seldom come over to comment. This time I am copying your link to include in my "I Like" thursdays post next week. The concept of sketching art in a gallery isn't new but you illuminated what one can gain from it. Your posts are very exotic to me, here in Maryland. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Ms. said...

How swell to have become so focused and what a wonderful painter! I so appreciate seeing you and your mister in the virtual flesh.

Linda said...

A solo show sounds really exciting! Best wishes for a happy (and healthy) holiday and new year to you and your family.

roccagal said...

You both looks GREAT!!!!!!So happy to see you^r big smiles!
Happy new year Nadia!à
Wishes of good health and happiness for your family!!!!!